Tragedy struck on Thursday as three teenage boys died in an inferno in the Elebele community in Baylesa State. Police have said that the fire began after a lit candle caught a nearby floor mat.
According to police spokesman, Ansinim Butswat, the tragedy occurred "on the 14/01/ 2016, at about 2305hrs. Policemen from Kolo Division responded to a distress call of a fire outbreak, at the residence of one Mrs. Favour Udoh, at Elebele Community in Ogbia LGA."
"The fire was put out. However, three of her children died in the inferno, namely: Daniel Udoh, Saviour Udoh, and Joshua Udoh."
Mr. Butswat said that “a preliminary investigation revealed the fire was caused by a candle-light. The bodies were deposited at the Federal Medical Centre Mortuary, Yenagoa, for autopsy. The investigation is ongoing."