A Point of Sale (POS) attendant simply identified as Dorcas was shot by armed robbers at Alade Mega Station in Ogbomoso Town, Oyo State on Saturday.


An eyewitness told SaharaReporters that the robbers arrived at the shop around 8 pm when other attendants had submitted their daily transactions to the headquarters of the company.

File photo used to illustrate story.

She explained that when the three armed men arrived at the shop, they introduced themselves as robbers, and asked the female attendant to bring out all the money with her.


According to the eyewitness, Dorcas was shot in the knee while trying to beg the armed men that she was just an attendant and not the owner of the business.


The eyewitness said the case was reported at Ogbomoso South Police Station but that the policemen there were blaming Nigerians for the #EndSARS protest of last October.


The eyewitness said, "Around 8 pm on Saturday at Alade Mega after a POS attendant had collected money from other shops of the company, three armed men entered the shop and introduced themselves as armed robbers. 


"They demanded the money she had made but she was begging them that she was just an attendant. Despite that, they shot her and took away N300,000 from the shop. 


"After that, the owner of the shop reported the case at Ogbomoso South Police Station. But the police were blaming us that we contributed to the insecurity in Nigeria because we supported the #EndSARS protest. 


"I know all these because I was fully involved in the whole process. Insecurity in the land is taking another dimension. The government needs to do something now. We cannot fold our arms and not do anything about it."


In the related development, the source told SaharaReporters that armed robbers also broke into a flour shop around Ogbomoso Baptist High School where goods worth N600,000 were carted away.


The source said, "Also, the armed men attacked the shop of one of our elders in the area. They stole goods worth N600,000. The old man sells flour and sugar.


"The case was also reported to the police but nothing was done about it. All they told us was that it is the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest and we are to be blamed for it. Something must be done quickly." 

You may also like

Read Next