Friday, 13 December 2013
Boko Haram Explodes Several Bombs In Less Than 24 Hours, Military Task Force Defuse Bomb Carried By A 10-Year Old Boy
After a short lull in violent activities, Nigerian islamists group, Boko Haram, resurfaced yesterday in Maiduguri tossing a bomb at the Joint Task Force in Kaleri, London Chiki ward and starting a fire fight with the military men after the bomb exploded.
Early today the group also bombed a target near the College of Legal and Islamic studies in the downtown area.
Also the Governor of the state, Kashim Shettima, barely escaped a bomb attack as a 10 year old boy bearing a bomb approached his delegation where he had gone to pay a condolence visit in the AA Kotoko residential area.
Security agencies said they intercepted the 10 year old dispossesed him of the bomb and then defused it.
Meanwhile, residents said the military taskforce went berserk after the daring attack in the housing Estate at London Chiki ward. The security apparatus descended on civilians it had earlier warned to refrain from supporting the militants. Eyewitnesses said the military arbitrarily shot and killed innocent civilians in the area after the Islamic militants had fled.
A total ban on motorbikes in the city did not stop the militants from operating as they now use personal unmarked cars to carry out their deadly operations.
Saharareporters could not confirm the casualties in the latest attacks.