Friday, 11 April 2014
Gunmen Stage Early Morning Attacks In Southern Kaduna
A military source in Abuja has just confirmed to SaharaReporters that a group of armed men carried out attacks early this morning in Southern Kaduna, Zangon Kataf local government area.
The source said the attackers stormed households around 1 a.m. in Boro village. “The villagers initially repelled the attackers and sent distress calls for help as the unidentified gunmen fled through the bush,” said the source.
The source added that the attackers seriously injured two persons, a father and his son.
The military source said, “We have just received the signals, and we are in touch with our commanding officers and men to swim into action so as to avoid escalation. As we speak now, our men are there, and the victims are being taken to a hospital in Zonkwa.” The source added that the soldiers were still gathering more information, promising to update us if new facts emerge.
Southern Kaduna has witnessed several violent attacks—most of them during the night—since the last year’s post-election violence in Kaduna State. The attacks have resulted in numerous deaths.