Sunday, 9 March 2014
Imo "Supplementary Election" Updates
SaharaReporters has learnt that electoral materials are late in arriving to most parts Imo state where supplementary elections were ordered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Reports from various citizen reporters in Imo state shows that most of the polling units in the four local governments are yet to receive election materials as 11:30 AM Nigerian time when voters accreditation ought to have ended.
INEC ordered "Supplementary Elections" in the state after it declared the governorship elections in the state inconclusive on April 26 2011.
12: 00 PM-At Umuagwo village in Ohaji-Egbema local government area, the traditional ruler sent out the town crier threatening those not voting for Ikedi Ohakim, the PDP candidate not to venture out of their houses.
-Election materials arrives to some parts of Egbema local government area. Oguta is worst hit with logistical snag as INEC is yet to deliver election materials there.
12: 30 PM -No materials or INEC officials seen in any polling units in Ejemewuru in Awa ward up to the boundary of Rivers state in Oguta LGA. Matewrials were reportedly diverted to the home a house of representative member elected two weeks ago. Massive thumbprinting of ballot papers in progress.
12: 45 PM -No officials and materials in Polling Unit 008 Izombe, Oguta 2. Security trying to control anxious voters. This community is very suspicious of visitors.
1:30 PM- Report from Ngor Okpala:
1. Ward 11....no result sheets for guber, no stamps and no ballot papers for assembly in booths 6 and 9. Earlier two armed men were arrested with arms. apga agents have been beaten and chased out of boots. People are being barred frm voting in the guber by a large number of armed thugs. Voting in homes of key players speculated.
2. Ward 5..our 7 apga agents were pulled out of there boots and taken away by tne police for no reason on the instruction of former chairman of local government Emma Nworgu leaving the boots unprotected. This is one of the areas to watch.
3. Ward 4. The LGA Chairman for Ngor Okpala Enyinnia Onuegbu was caught thumbprinting in his house and going round to intimidate voters with armed policemen.
4. Ward 6 booth 004 result sheets in many of these booths are photocopies. Ballot papers are incomplete. The APGA and ACN agents were beaten up and pushed out of boot at gun point by Okenze Obinna working for the PDP. The ballot papers in ward 6 are said to be fake just as the result sheets are photocopies.
5: ward 4 booth 17...no ballot box. People have refused to vote unless there is ballot box. Question is. Where is ballot box for booth 17 of over 800 accredited voters?
6. In virtually all the booths, INEC staff are allowing PDP agents come into booth with money. The are compelling people to show the their thumprinted ballot papers for confirmation and disbursement.
There was absence of desks, tables, chairs etc for INEC officials to do accreditation at Orji. INEC officials yet to arrive Mbieri at 11.30am. Thumb-printing of ballot papers went on mostly at Umuohiagu Ngor Okpala Secondary School near Party Hq.
7:22 PM- Orji Wards in Owerri North LGA, APGA is leading with a wide margin.
7:23 PM-Celebration in the air as APGA supporters rejoice over APGA lead. Soldiers and anti-riot policemen are shooting indiscriminately in the air to scare jubilant APGA supporters. There is tension in the area