Thursday, 20 June 2013
We Are In Need Of Elders, Says Southern Kaduna Professionals
The Concerned Southern Kaduna Professionals have stated that the troubled region in Kaduna State is in need of principled elders who will champion their cause.
The convener of the Professionals, Dr. John Danfulani voiced this concern in a statement sent to media houses in Nigeria.
Danfulani said, "Ordinarily, we would not have commented on the predicament the peoples and land of Southern Kaduna is in today, but for the sake of posterity and to set the record straight we state thus:
1. The political and human survival of Southern Kaduna peoples and their land remains un-defined and very uncertain going by the trends and issues unfolding in the larger Kaduna State.
2. The recent politicking in Southern Kaduna after the death of Governor Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa proved the expediency and the need for our area to have real elders, people of integrity and courage to help in taking Southern Kaduna to a greater height. More so, there has to be a complete turnaround and disembarking from the slavery flight already being boarded via our sheer greed, ego, political and economic interests.
3. The recent Deputy Governorship saga further shows how some so called elders are short-sighted as they were falling atop each other fighting, instead of challenging the calculated ploy and deliberate subjugation and political landmines planted in our path. They went berserk, very typical of slaves, throwing invectives and tagging their daring youths as misguided and charlatans.
These elders make up an array of community failures that have held several appointments in their prime, and who have done nothing for our area and are now flaunting themselves as local commanders in the guise of being custodians, but only chasing their selfish agenda.
The series of challenges the people of Southern Kaduna are in presently are listed as follows:
• Insecurity; a virtual and gradual annihilation and encroachment of our people and land as a result of our poor reasoning.
• Under representation in the delineation of both State and Federal Constituencies and polling units which stands as a barrier to our political representation.
• Deliberate scheming of political and economic marginalization aimed at enslaving the peoples of Southern Kaduna.
• Agitation for the creation of a Southern Kaduna State.
• Lack of a cogent political agenda to knit Southern Kaduna into a single positive political direction.
• Lack of robust economic hub to enhance business and to create a vibrant economic class.
• A lack of strict, principled and uncompromising elders, elected and appointed representatives that will stand to groom and mentor youths that will further agitate the interests and survival of our peoples as they are the backbone of every promising society.
“All these pointers call for a concerned and immediate wake up call to all Southern Kaduna peoples wherever they are, to team up with any emerging progressive forces in different spheres and push against all retrogressive elements mortgaging and betraying the peoples and land of Southern Kaduna. By this, we will embark on an in depth campaign and a thorough search for elders of integrity and courage that will guide us across the perilous threshold we are in today.
“As for Governor Yero, we have nothing against the government, and he is surely product of God’s supremacy, and like we did to late Governor Yakowa, we will not relent speaking out and demonstrating our views against injustices meted on our people, within the constitutionally guaranteed parameters.”