Sunday, 19 May 2013
Letter to Jonathan: Forgery of certificates by the Comptroller-General of Customs, Alhaji Abdullahi Inde Dikko: The grand cover-up
Your Excellency:I am totally ashamed this minute to be a Nigerian as I write this. For more than six months now, it has become public knowledge that the Comptroller-General of Customs, Alhaji Abdullahi Inde Dikko has been pointedly accused of forging his WAEC Certificate and that of the Nigerian Institute of Management and yet nothing has been done by the authorities up till this minute. Once again, I attach herewith the sworn affidavit of the person who actually facilitated the forgery and copies of the certificates in question.
I have decided to bring this to your attention because what frustrated the investigation before now is the family tie between Alhaji Dikko and Hajia Turai Yar’Adua, the wife of the ailing President. This is because before now I have written to ALL the security agencies on this matter, and all of them developed cold feet because of Hajia Turai Yar’Adua.
But for how long can the nation continue to tolerate a Comptroller-General of Customs whom the whole world knows has questions to answer regarding the authenticity of his certificates and who is being blackmailed left, right and center by those who know but have decided to cover him up? How can the Chief Security Officer of the nation’s borders - both land, air and sea - perform without fear or favour with such an albatross hanging around his neck? The security and economic implication of a Comptroller-General of Customs who is susceptible to blackmail is very grave indeed and cannot be over-emphasized.
Your Excellency, before now, I took the following steps:
(1) On Wednesday, September 2, 2009, I wrote to the President and Commander-in-Chief, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Find attached a copy.
(2) On Wednesday, September 23, 2009, I wrote to ALL the Security Chiefs in the country. Also find attached a copy.
(3) On the 22nd day of October, 2009, I proceeded to the Chief Magistrates Court, Wuse Zone 6, and secured a court order for the Police to probe the certificates and report to court. Find attached the court order. Yet the Police bluntly refused to do anything till today. Curiously, immediately the order was given, the Chief Judge of the FCT directed the investigation of a spurious petition written by Alhaji Dikko against the Magistrate, which petition was never served on us, and which effectively stopped the progress of the case.
It is so sad that a highly-placed law-enforcement officer can be dodging investigation of his certificates by the Police. That is the lowest ebb to which the country has sunk. Is Dikko saying that the Police cannot be ordered to look at his certificates?
In all of these, there is a grand cover-up of this very, very messy issue and it is causing all of us shame and embarrassment. Even a section of the press that should uphold high standards in public life has blacked out the issue and refused to talk about it. Instead, some hired goons of Alhaji Dikko have taken out paid adverts attacking my person with the hope of silencing me. I have remained unbowed because such attacks only re-invigorate my determination to see to the end of this national shame.
Mr. Acting President, I pray you in the name of God, of Allah, of Ogun, of Orunmila, and of all other gods and the God you worship to rise above selfish interests and act in the nation’s interest by ordering ALL security agencies to immediately investigate and report their findings to you.
May God continue to guard and guide you.
Yours most trusted,
FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
HEAD OF CHAMBERS
Wednesday, March 23, 2010.
The Acting President and Commander-in-Chief,
Federal Republic of Nigeria,
1. The Director-General,
State Security Services,
Aso Drive, Abuja.
2. The National Security Adviser,
Three Arm Zone, Abuja.
3. The Inspector-General of Police,
Louis Edet House,
4. The Minister of Finance,
Federal Ministry of Finance,
5. The Attorney-General of the Federation,
Federal Ministry of Justice,