Sunday, 19 May 2013
Nigeria Football Federation Reinstates Baribote Committee At The National Premier League
The executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation yesterday ordered the premier league to go ahead with their congress in Abuja instead of the proposed Kano venue.
At an emergency meeting held yesterday, the committee rejected the decisions of club owners to sack the Baribote committee.
Below is the announcement of the emergency meeting of the Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held in Abuja on Friday, 7th December, 2012
1. The Executive Committee of the NFF at its meeting reviewed the recent developments in the NPL with particular regard to the resolution of the Premier League Club owners removing the Chief Rumson Baribote led Board and constituting an Interim Committee.
2. The Executive unanimously rejected these acts as none of it comply with the provisions of the NPL Statutes.
3. The Executive Committee has therefore directed immediate convening of a proper Congress in line with the NPL Statutes.
4. The Executive Committee also resolved to send observers to the Congress and appealed to NPL stakeholders to conduct its activities in a manner that will not bring the beautiful game into disrepute, and allow the commencement of the Nigeria Premier League season within the shortest possible time.
5. The Executive Committee further directed that the NPL hold its 7th Congress in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on or before Tuesday, 11th December, 2012. Three members of the NFF Executive Committee, namely Chief Emeka Inyama, Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande and Hon. Shehu Adamu will attend the Congress as Observers.
In attendance: Aminu Maigari )(1st Vice President), Rumson Baribote(2nd Vice chairman), Emeka Inyama (member), Muazu Suleyman(member), Effiong Johnson(Member), Christopher Green (member), Ahmad Muazu Kawu (member), Ayodeji Tinubu(member), Shehu Adamu(member), Olaleye Adepoju(member), Suleiman Yahya-Kwande(member), Yusuf Ahmed Fresh(member), Felix Anyansi-Agwu(member), Musa Amadu(secretary). Dilichukwu Onyedinma was absent with apology.
Chief Emeka Inyam, chair Communique drafting committee