Four persons, who recovered from Coronavirus in the Lagos isolation centre, have been released to go home by the state government.
As a result, 23 persons have so far been discharged by Lagos health officials after initially testing positive for the virus.
In a post on Twitter on Friday, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos said, “More great news from our Infectious Disease Hospital as four patients – three females and one male – have recovered fully, tested negative twice and have been discharged.
“This gives us a lot of hope as we continue to listen to our health experts and provide the resources to beat COVID-19.”
With the newly discharged patients, we now have a total of 23 people that have recovered from #COVID19 in Lagos.— Babajide Sanwo-Olu (@jidesanwoolu) April 3, 2020
Big thanks to our health workers working hard during this time. Please continue social distancing to avoid becoming the weak link in our collective efforts. pic.twitter.com/Moy037oNnW
Speaking on the spread of the virus in the state, Commissioner for Health in Lagos, Prof Akin Abayomi, said, “The graph is flattening. As our numbers increase, we may see some critical cases. From the numbers we have, we don’t have many numbers like that of Europe.
“Social distancing is so effective. You may be infected and have mild symptoms. We have only one or two cases that are severe.
“Eti-Osa Local Government has the highest number of confirmed cases in Lagos State. 91 per cent of confirmed #COVID-19 cases in Lagos are Nigerians, nine per cent are foreigners.”