Skip to main content

Sowore Invites Journalists As He Storms FCT SARS Office To Obtain Charges Filed Against Him On Businessman, Ned Nwoko’s Directive

According to the activist, messages sent to the SARS commander were not replied to.

Human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore will by 11 am on Monday visit the commander of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the Federal Capital Police Command to obtain copies of the charges filed against him on the directive of businessman and former lawmaker, Ned Nwoko.

Sowore had earlier accused the police of failing to provide him with information regarding the alleged “criminal defamation” charges filed against him.


According to the activist, messages sent to the SARS commander were not replied to.

Giving an update on his Facebook page, Sowore said, “I will be heading to the police SARS unit to see the commander to obtain charges they claimed were filed against me at 11 am, journalists are welcome to be at FCT Command, CID Unit at Apo in Abuja. They refused to provide copies of the charges or the court where it was filed since morning.

“I have repeatedly told the public that the arrest of my lawyer Marshal Abubakar was not because I “jumped bail” as being alleged by the police but because they felt he embarrassed them by filing all lawsuit against the police and the so-called Billionaire, Ned Nwoko.[story_link align="left"]105888[/story_link]

“Ned Nwoko acting Buhari’s regime script through the AGF (Attorney-General of the Federation), Abubakar Malami to frame me with further frivolous charges because the treasonable felony charge has practically fallen apart and my recent popular declaration for the Presidency, they had wanted to stop by arresting me and harassing me with the police.”

The police had on February 24 illegally arrested Sowore on the Court of Appeal premises on the alleged orders of Nwoko over some trumped-up allegations.

He was taken to the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit, otherwise known as Abattoir, located at Guzape where he was detained for hours.

Days after, his lawyer, Abubakar Marshal of the Falana & Falana Chambers was arrested for allegedly failing to produce him after bail.

Josephine Adeh, FCT police spokesman, who confirmed Marshal’s arrest on Friday, said he had been “charged to court following his failure to produce the suspect,” adding that this is in line with standard best practices.