Re: Celestine Ahemba Agber and Shangev Orayor
Dear Sirs: The above named, Mr. Celestine Ahemba Agber a Chieftain of the ACN in Ugba Town, Businessman, and Financier who is an indigene of Gaav in Konshisha Local Government of Benue State but has lived all his life in Ugba Town in Logo Local Government Area was in the early hours of October 17, 2011 brutally murdered alongside his Cousin, Mr. Shangev Orayor who paid him a visit by gunmen suspected to be PDP thugs.
2. Mr. Celestine Ahemba Agber popularly known as “Egbenak” in addition to his ACN political persuasion operates a micro credit scheme in the locality where he lends money to traders and members of the public. It all started when the said ACN Chieftain got his tipper (truck) burnt by suspected PDP thugs last week. The incident was reported to the Nigerian Police, Ugba but no arrest had been effected before the murder was carried out.
3. We were reliably informed that, the Woman Leader of PDP in Logo Local Government collected the sum of N300, 000.00 (Three Hundred Thousand Naira) from the deceased on loan, which she is yet to pay. The PDP Woman Leader, Mrs. Kwaghkohol Dubu had deliberately refused to pay and together with other PDP Chieftains, the District Head of Mbaya, Tyoor Terngu Iorhuna and the Caretaker Committee of Logo Local Government Area, Hon. Donald Iorzer had on many occasions particularly on the 7th of October 2011, threatened the Celestine Ahemba Agber that since he was not an indigene of Logo Local Government Area by birth but had decided to be the financier and Chieftain of the ACN, they would make sure his business crumbled and further send him back to his place of birth in a coffin.
4. Following from this threat, these PDP Chieftains invited into the town, notorious PDP thugs and killers who are alleged to have gruesomely murdered the deceased. The notorious PDP thugs alleged to have been involved in the murder are:
i) Tersoo Ambakya
ii) Terzulum Nase
iv) Donald Akwer
v) Alhaji Orndiir
vi) Joe B
vii) Terwase Akume
viii) Teryange Akume
ix) Gwa Ukar
x) Sam Jiji
xi) Terwase Chikor
5. The gruesome murder of the said moneylender infuriated members of the public who have benefitted from his services to take to the streets to demonstrate against these incessant killings, which are politically motivated, and this made Ugba town go into flames.
6. In a swift reaction to the incident, the Governor of Benue State addressed the press knowing fully well that he is the Chief Security Officer and blamed the Action Congress of Nigeria over the unfortunate incident warning that his administration will no longer tolerate criminality in the name of opposition and enough of these ACN murderers. He further stated that, the moneylender who was killed was not even an indigene of Ugba. Can the life of any Nigerian be so criminally terminated because he does not reside in the place of his birth?
7. The party has suffered several attacks particularly now that the Court of Appeal, Makurdi Division has ordered a re-trial of the petition of Prof Daniel Saror of the ANPP challenging the eligibility of Rt. Hon. Gabriel Suswam to contest the April 2011 governorship elections. Governor Suswam has gone berserk over the issue of certificate forgery, which disqualifies him but criminalizes his person.
8. We as a party believe in the rule of law and are using all constitutional means to seek redress in the injustice that was done the party and her candidates in the last general elections and will not resort to violence in order to disturb public peace.
9. Finally, We call on you to use your good offices to thoroughly investigate the unfortunate incident and bring the culprits to book.
Comrade Abba Yaro
State Chairman, CAN
October 18, 2011
To: The Inspector-General of Police
Louis Edet House
Department of State Service
Nigerian Intelligence Agency (NIA)
The Commissioner of Police
Benue State Command
The State Director
Department of State Service
Makurdi. Warning! disturbing murder images - Celestine Tsehemba & Agber (the original 2 victims)