Saharareporters earlier story of February 5, 2014, “How Obanikoro, Fayose, Chris Uba And General Olukolade Rigged Ekiti Governorship Election In Collusion With The Nigeria Army,” unveiled clearly how the Peoples Democratic Party “won” that election.
The audio recording on which it was based was surreptitiously made by Captain Sagir Koli of the 32nd Artillery Brigade stationed in Ekiti State who accompanied to the meeting the military general in charge of the Ekiti plan. He has since left Nigeria in order to protect his life, leaving behind the patriotic body of work behind this story.
We've incorporated the full transcript of the audio recording and some context to help listeners understand how the plot was implemented, this could be found in our previous reports on SaharaReporters.com:
The gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, Nigeria, took place on the 21st June, 2014. The two main contenders were Ayo Fayose and Kayode Fayemi from the PDP and APC respectively. Below is a transcript of a recording that took place on the night before the election.
All those present are upset by the failings of the military to execute their plan of intimidation and electoral fraud in line with what was agreed/ordered by the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chief of Army Staff of the Federation. All those present are expressing their disapproval of the job done to date to the to the Brg General in charge of the operations.
Those present in the room were:
* Governor Ayo Fayose - Executive Governor of Ekiti
* Senator Iyiola Omisore
* Brig General Aliyu Momoh
* Senator Musiliu Obanikoro - Ex Minister of state for Defence
* Captain Sagir Koli
* Honourable AbdulKareem - Honourable member of the National Assembly
* Caleb Olubolade - Minister of Police Affairs
During the conversation strategies/plans to intimidate voters and perform electoral fraud were discussed in detail. The key points are as follows:
* The use of the Nigerian military by the PDP to assist in electoral manipulation. This includes:
* The creation of a list of APC members to arrest
* The use of stickers to be used to identify persons not to be harassed and detained by the army
* Deployment of "Special Team" including a "Strike Force"
* The Minister of state of Defence bribing military personnel with the offer of promotion if he carries out the "strategy"
* A gubernatorial candidate admitting to electoral fraud by copying voting material provided by the INEC
* The reprimanding of military personnel for mistakenly detaining PDP members engaged in electoral fraud
* The Minister explicitly states he was instructed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to execute this plan.
* The Candidate Fayose explicitly states he was given assurances by the Chief of Army staff to execute this plan.
Musiliu Obanikoro :- One time high commission of Nigeria to Ghana, recently stepped down as Minister of state for Defence Federal Republic of Nigeria to contest for a political position. A card carrying member of the PDP. Mr. Obanikoro was recently re-appointed by President Jonathan to the same position, his confirmation awaits the approval of the Nigerian Senate.