Bombs detonated by two female suicide bombers on Thursday night has killed the bombers and five others. Saharareporters learnt on Friday that the bombers had detonated the IEDs strapped to their bodies at Mandarari Ward in troubled Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State at about one hour and 15 minutes before midnight on Thursday, killing five others with about six persons sustaining various degrees of injuries.

It was further learned that the dead persons and the injured others were taken to the General Hospital in Konduga, where residents complained of what they called a fresh wave of violent attacks.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, ASP Murtala R. Ibrahim, said the situation had been brought under firm control as the residents had gone on their legitimate businesses.

"We have brought the situation in check and life has returned to normal," Ibrahim said.

"We have also tasked the residents to stay vigilant as they are used to report any suspicious movements to the authorities," the ASP added.

Fresh attacks from remnants of the Boko Haram insurgents have been lately reported, although the casualties have not been as alarming as feared by observers.

Interestingly, Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said last year that the insurgents had been routed technically. However, pockets of insurgent activities over the same period have given rise to the fear that life and property are still far from being secure in the northwest region of Nigeria. Bodies of suicide bombers being evacuated from the scene of the attack

You may also like

Read Next