Gbadamosi Lukman, the Special Anti-Robrery Squad (SARS) operative accused of shooting Nafiu Tunde in Osun State, has been dismissed from the force.
His father, Chief Saditu Nafiu Ayodele, told SaharaReporters that “Lukman was tried in the Magistrate Court, Osogbo on Thursday, and he has been dismissed from the Force, and remanded in Ilesha prison".
“The magistrate said his file will be transferred directly to the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Dr Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru."
He also alleged that he had been offered inducement to withdraw the case.
He said: “I have been offered money to withdraw the case from court but I rejected. They have been looking for people that are close to me to appeal, so as to accept the money secretly.
“Lukman's father-in-law is a traditional ruler in Ife, Osun State. He came appealing with his royal staff, but I declined."
Nafiu was shot dead by Gbadamosi on his way from Ile-Ogbo, a sleepy community in an ancient Iwo, Ayedere local Government area of Osun State on Thursday, August 23, 2018.