Around 4pm on Wednesday, a commercial bus caught fire opposite the Faculty of Environmental Science, near the Multipurpose Hall of the University of Lagos.
No one was injured, but there was tension in the air as students scampered away from the scene of the fire.
There have been series of unfortunate incidents in the school during this week, according to students who expressed shock at the incident.
One of the students said an uncompleted library in the school collapsed this week, and there were at least three fire outbreaks within the school premises.
According to a student, just in March alone, there have been fire outbreaks at the Faculty of Social Science, Faculty of Science as well as the Computer Science department.