Lance Corporal Martins, a soldier in the Nigerian Army, who was arrested for making a video blasting the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, and other service chiefs in the country, has been transferred to Abuja.
He was arrested in Sokoto few hours after making the video on the orders of Buratai.
The soldier was picked up by senior military officers, who said they were acting based on an "order from above".
The soldier's wife, who spoke with SaharaReporters on Wednesday, said he had been transported to the Federal Capital Territory.
"They have transferred him from Sokoto to Abuja. They are on their way now," she said.
In the 12-minute video by the soldier, he expressed his anger at the security chiefs especially Buratai, and Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin, for not being committed to end the incessant killings of Nigerians.
He revealed how the military ordered the illegal detention of some soldiers, who demanded better weapons and ammunition to combat Boko Haram and other terrorist groups in the country.
He stated that though he might be arrested and probably killed for the video, he is ready to sacrifice himself for the country.